Updated: Mar 19, 2021
It’s all about fulfillment.
Why is it so few adults go through life with a perma-smile feeling fulfilled and playing their game full out while, unfortunately, many go through life feeling unsatisfied? I think the individuals who are happy and satisfied are THRIVING in what I call the FULFILLMENT TRIANGLE.
Although it can be used for many areas of your life, (including relationships, health, environment, etc.) we’re going to focus on how to earn and make a living. This diagram asks you to ponder using your true passions to do something you are good at, and also something there demand for in the marketplace.
Let me say it again. Are you doing something you love to do? Do you do it well, and say things like “AND THEY PAY ME TO DO THIS?” This is fulfillment. This is playing your game full out and THRIVING.
How does it relate to your life? Think of friends and family that seem to thoroughly enjoy their jobs, careers, and businesses. Observe how comfortable they are with themselves, the quality of their relationships, and their generosity and desire to assist others thrive. Now think about the people you know who struggle daily. They tell you often how much they hate their job, their boss, their co-workers. They lack excitement for what they do daily. They are NOT currently operating to their full potential. Is this YOU?
I challenge you to open your eyes and look deep into your life. Can you identify your passions, talents and opportunities to create your Fulfillment Triangle?
Tim’s Top 10 Tips For finding Where You Best Fit In and THRIVE
1. Assess where you are with the Fulfillment Triangle in your career and other needed areas of your life.
2. Get quiet and be brutally honest with yourself.
3. Figure out what changes, tweaks, etc. are needed to get started.
4. Put it in writing. Write out what you intend to do, including a timeline.
5. Be patient, but stay actively engaged in this transformation.
6. Know that we get less done in a year and more done in five years than we think we can.
7. Make the tough, big decisions on career, friends, relationships, health, etc. – No pain, no gain.
8. Recognize careers often change over time and we can change with the situation.
9. Know that you are worth it and worthy of the life of your dreams.
10. When you get to the top of the mountain. Throw down the rope and help the next person up.
Bonus tip: Find your sweet spot and focus on that. Delegate the rest, build leaders under you and continue to grow and help them flourish and thrive too. The ride is more fun with a great team!
I hope you Dream, Plan and LIVE the most fulfilling life possible. YOU can do it by having the courage to fix the things that are not working and have the resiliency to play full out daily.